Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 2: I want you skull!

Hi humans. Back again for another day. So far i'm really liking doing this blog. Wake up in the morning, do some art and get on with my life. When I woke up this morning, I had no idea what I was going to do for the photo. So I was doing my typical check the mail/facebook routine and I found these portraits on juxtapoz. So it inspired me to find a skull image( I used this one) and see what I could make.






I used a photo I took of my friend sarah back 2 years ago and overlaid the skull image on top of it using Blending options and used color overlay. From there I erased her mouth and started painting the sides of her face black and played with curves to make it all blend together. 


I feel like it looks a little flat to me and the jaw line doesn't quite sell it like I'd like. But that's what you get for using stock images instead of shooting your own stuff. I actually do have some photo's from when I got to hold a human skull but I needed the angles of the skull and Sarah's face to match. Bla bla bla haha. 


Just so you guys know, everyday I do a blogpost I also upload the image onto my deviantart page, unless it's already up there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment