Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 4: Making it sellable

One thing that i've learned from starting this blog and forgot that happened, was how to get noticed. On deviant art I can keep a track of how many views I get on each image I post. I noticed how something that was already pre know (like lady gaga, mickey mouse, rainbows) tends to get a lot more views than something original. I understand why. It's much easier to find something that people already know of than something no one has ever heard of but it just means there's a lot of great original work that hasn't been found yet. Or may never be found.

personally, I don't feel totally comfortable making something just for views. I like to have a genuine-ness to my work. At the same time I'd like to have people see my work. I guess what i'm saying is i'm trying to find my niche. So that's today inspiration.

Todays image is a famous person. I want you guys to guess who. I'll give you some clues.

  • This person is on yahoo's top searches today
  • Is nominated for an Oscar 
  • and wears glasses
Best of luck guessing.

In the image I just played around with it for a bit. I used the spot healing brush tool a lot. I also used a halftone pattern filter over the image. I've been trying to use this filter for a while and it never worked until i found the foreshadow and background colors I had chosen were both black. Now I know better.

 I chose these colors after seeing the bollywood version of I know what you did last summer (called the Fog). And just so you know, that movie was uncomfortably long and not that good.

1 comment: